Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A David Update!

I have been horrible about updating you all on David. So he has been gone for 5 weeks now (but who's counting) He loves what He is doing and Basic Training is totally NOT anything he expected, He thought it was going to be way worse than it is just cause of things people have told him, WRONG!  He says it's a lot like scout camp. He has done a lot of rifle training and loves that the most, he learned how to use his M16 He thinks it is pretty cool, He has done combative training which is where you learn how to pretty much wrestle somebody correctly. He says the food isn't too bad considering he is very very picky, He has gone to church every Sunday and says He really has enjoyed that. His 3rd week in He had to do an overnight training and I guess He got attacked by some fire ants and said His legs were all "jacked up" but he said he was fine. His battle buddy is really cool he likes him a lot, He has a wife and kids so him and Dave have a lot in common and He is from Utah. Dave likes it in South Carolina, He can run better I guess! He said Basic isn't the yelling and swearing and spitting in your face like everyone thinks it is, He says it is cool! Dave loves his drill sergeants they have been awesome and a great help to him. Dave has passed all the required tests to graduate and I am really proud of him. The tests include first aid, rifle shooting, combatives, M16 taking apart and putting back together in a certain amount of time and His physical.  So that is what I know so far 5 weeks to go and I can't wait to see him, I love Dave soooooooooo much!!!!

2 comments:

Angelina said...

I am glad he is doing so well. Good job. I am glad you get to visit him soon too.

Becca said...

Good to hear he is enjoying it. I am glad all is going well! If I dont see you have a Happy Halloween!